Thursday, September 21, 2006

If You Are Not Satisfied, Live On!

Psalm 91:16
16With long life I will satisfy him, and show him My salvation.

God says to you in His Word that He will satisfy you with long life. Now, He did not say that He will give you only 70 or 80 years. The number of years you want to live is subject to your satisfaction. If you are not satisfied with 80 years, go on to 90. And if you are still not satisfied, go on to 100 years or more!

“Pastor Prince, are you saying that God did not appoint a time for us to die?”

Yes!

“But I thought that the Bible says that there is an appointed time for man to die.”

No. The Bible says, “And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment”. (Hebrews 9:27) It is appointed for man to die once, but there is no appointed time to die. Nowhere in the Bible does it say that there is an appointed time for you to die.

Consider Stephen and Paul. They died because they chose to. They did not die because their lives were taken from them. Stephen died because he said, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit”. (Acts 7:59) Paul was stoned, nearly drowned and even bitten by a viper, but he did not die from any of these incidents. He finally died because he said, “For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.” (2 Timothy 4:6–7) These men laid down their lives when they were satisfied and ready to go home.

There was a time before the cross when the devil could call your number any time. But when Christ rose from the dead, He conquered death — “I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.” (Revelation 1:18) Your Saviour now holds the keys of death. He has authority over death and He has given you that authority. (Luke 10:19) So don’t fear death. It has to submit to you. How long you want to live is now up to you!

This message is the copyright of New Creation Church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping?u=http://dailypeace.blogspot.com
http://www.emailcashpro.com