Friday, January 12, 2007

Jesus Is The Only Sacrifice You'll Ever Need

Hebrews 10:12

12But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God.


Do you know where Jesus is right now? He is seated at the right hand of the Father in heaven. Why is He there, sitting down? Because His work is finished!

You see, we were all born sinners, cursed in our sinful state and condemned by our sinful deeds. But while we were still sinners, Jesus died for us. (Romans 5:8) And by His one death on the cross, He became the final sacrifice for sins forever. So now, He sits at the right hand of His Father because the work is finished — there are no more sacrifices to be made.

“What then, do I do when I sin, Pastor Prince?”

My friend, each time you blow it, you thank the Lord that you are forgiven. Each time you fail, you thank God that He does not condemn you because Jesus was condemned for your sins at the cross.

Jesus’ death is the final sacrifice. God does not need any more sin offerings. He does not want you to come to Him, saying, “Oh God, I have sinned again. I feel that I need to do some charity work.” Well, if you want to do charity work, go ahead. But don’t do it to atone for your sins because you cannot!

Neither does God want to hear you say, “I promise you, Lord, from now on, I will tithe 30 per cent.” Now, I am not stopping you from tithing even 50 per cent if you want to, but if you are doing it to atone for your sins, it is a dead work. You tithe because you love God and not for any other reason.

He also does not want to hear this, “God, I will serve in 10 ministries from now on.” It is not your blood, sweat and tears that justify you. It is the blood of the Son of God.

You cannot atone for your sins by doing good because you cannot add to what Jesus did, which is a perfect work. You can only say, “Thank you, God,” and receive the blessings He gives you. Jesus is the only sacrifice you will ever need. Only His one offering avails for all time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

http://api.my.yahoo.com/rss/ping?u=http://dailypeace.blogspot.com
http://www.emailcashpro.com